Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 19 – Tuesday Hedgehog

Finally found the mile run around the compound! Many fun encounters. School kids en route to class tried to run along for about 0.3mi/ One family tending their plot counted my laps each time I passed, laughing their butts off. What appeared to be a mom, grandma, and two daughters stopped my mid run to exchange foral greetings, shake hands, and welcome me to Nyakato. Out of breath from replying to greetings mid-run.

Tried to get $ from ATM today but no luck. Some SparrowNET crap. Ugh. If I could find that sparrow with its net I would smack it silly. Went to a Maasai jewelry shop with Paula. So many beads!

In clinic today, some boys dropped off a request for an STD lecture for secondary school students. Priyanka and I will be working on that for Thursday. Yay!

Also, I ran into a hedgehog after dinner. It sniffed in my direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment